MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for engaging with Healthcare Professionals (HCPs) in their territory through appropriate high-level scientific support for education and scientific exchange. The MSL will be a conduit for medical affairs communications and interactions for their assigned HCPs and others such as, US pediatric oncology sites. Knowledge of oncology is required; knowledge of pediatric oncology is preferred.
Territories located across the eastern half of the United States at select pediatric oncology sites.
Full time, salaried (exempt) position
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and execute field medical affairs plan for the assigned territory level in alignment with medical affairs strategies and tactics
- Serve as a liaison for clinical and scientific information exchange with regional pediatric oncologists, pediatric oncology nurses, NPs, PAs and pharmacists
- Deliver high quality education and awareness presentations to ensure optimal patient care
- Provide timely, accurate, specific and balanced responses to professional requests for information in collaboration with medical information
- Provide complete and timely documentation of interactions and contacts within databases
- Administrative reports such as expense reports and status reports completed in a timely manner
- Provide reports, assessments and HCP insights in a clear, succinct and timely fashion
- Maintain and continually develop scientific knowledge of the relevant competitive landscape
- Attend and participate in all required compliance trainings
- Follow all laws, rules, regulations, guidance documents, codes, etc. associated or attributed the pharmaceutical industry
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as those of applicable Zipher clients
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demonstrate ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with internal and external partners, peers, and others
- Ensure the attainment of individual objectives and results as well as those for the assigned team
- Achieve goals and objectives in a compliant and legal manner
- Advanced degree with scientific background
- 2+ years’ active oncology clinical care or clinical research experience
- Ability to travel approximately 75% (car, plane, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to learn new scientific and technical information quickly
- Strong computer skills, proficiency in on-line data searches, MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse team
- Proven self-starter
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and to meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Pass all required background checks and required testing
- Candidates selected for hire must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP)
- Experience in pediatric oncology
- 2+ years’ pediatric oncology clinical experience
- 2+ years’ MSL experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Post-doctoral residency/fellowship training in pediatric oncology
- Didactic teaching experience (lectures/presentations on related topics presented at university type setting)
- Knowledge and experience with US pediatric oncology sites
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical rules, regulatory law, guidelines and codes (e.g., PhRMA Code)
Qualified candidates must reference Job Code: MA-MSL-EAST-2020 when applying for this position.
Please be advised that all legitimate electronic correspondences from a Zipher employee will come from “@ziphermed.com” email account.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement:
Zipher Medical Affairs Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, marital/family status, sexual orientation, participation in the armed forces (e.g., U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, etc.), veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws. Zipher will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION