MEDICAL INFORMATION SPECIALIST (MIS)
The Medical Information Specialist (MIS) will be part of the Zipher Medical Affairs team, supporting Call Center activities for a growing company launching a new laboratory diagnostic test (Client). The MIS is responsible for providing authorized scientifically accurate and balanced information to internal Client stakeholders, external healthcare professionals, and consumers that is aligned with compliance practices and Medical Affairs objectives.
Full time, salaried (exempt) position
JOB ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, update and/or review Medical Information content (e.g., Medical Information letters and FAQs) and custom (escalated) responses to inquiries in collaboration with in-house subject matter
- Ensure complex scientific content is summarized in a concise, simple and balanced
- Respond to unsolicited consumer, health care professional, and other external customer requests for clinical and scientific information received via the Call Center phone number, website/e-mail, and at scientific
- Provide information responses aligned with law, rules, regulations, internal policies, codes (e.g., Client Code of Conduct, ) and practices.
- Assist in the development, optimization, and management of an in-house medical information
- Assist with launch readiness plans for the Call Center that meet the scientific needs of customers through strong collaboration with internal
- Provide monthly reporting metrics for Medical
- Assist and/or perform literature evaluations as needed to support Medical Information
- Assist with the development of working practices and SOPs, working closely with cross-functional
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demonstrate ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with internal and external partners, peers, and
- Ensure the attainment of individual objectives and results as well as those for the Client and Zipher
- Achieve goals and objectives on time and in a compliant and legal
- Graduate degree in health sciences
- Minimum experience of 3 years in Medical Information in the pharmaceutical industry and/or Medical Information Call
- Excellent communication and inter-personal
- Strong editorial and writing
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, regulations, and industry
- Strong cognitive abilities, including verbal reasoning, critical thinking, and analytical
- Ability to formulate accurate responses to questions utilizing multiple resources which may require scientific
- Ability to multi-task with attention to
- Highly proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office software platforms and experience using a document management
- Experience with a Medical Information Call Center
- Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP).
- Scientific background in Oncology and /or laboratory diagnostic
- Experience building a Medical Information function within a pharmaceutical
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical rules, regulatory law, guidelines and codes (e.g., PhRMA Code).
This is a remote position.
Required Travel: 10-20% (Travel restricted until further notice)
Note: The above job posting information is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement:
Zipher Medical Affairs Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth, breastfeeding), gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, marital/family status, sexual orientation, participation in the armed forces (e.g.,
U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, etc.), veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws. Zipher will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please be advised that all legitimate electronic correspondences from a Zipher employee will come from “ @ziphermed.com” email account.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION