MEDICAL AFFAIRS CONSULTANT
We are seeking individuals with strong scientific/clinical backgrounds, analytic skills, and entrepreneurial spirits to join our consulting group. As part of our team, you will play a key role with our clients, leading engagements, identifying and examining issues, making recommendations and helping to implement change. Zipher’s clients are Medical Affairs leaders from pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, drug delivery and diagnostic industries.
Zipher’s diverse consulting assignments include therapeutic area strategy development, product opportunity assessments, establishment of training programs, creation of publication and scientific communication strategies, new product launch planning and medical science liaison programming. Our clients are worldwide and range in size from start-up companies to global organizations.
Our environment provides consultants with exposure to a wide variety of medical issues faced by the life sciences industry. Consultants develop their skills through formal and informal training.
Full time, salaried (exempt) position
- Design, plan and implement multiple projects from initiation through to completion
- Work with multiple pharma clients to understand the strategic context and key objectives of each project
- Conduct research using primary and secondary sources
- Analyze the scientific situation, clinical data, competitive landscape and pipeline to gain key insights on a variety of topics within Medical Affairs
- Attend scientific and medical conferences to expand scientific/clinical knowledge and gain insights to support client programs
- Direct scientific advisory boards and facilitate workshops to engage client teams
- Deliver impactful, concise presentations to clients, that incorporate cutting edge data presentation, visualization and delivery methods
- Service all accounts with regular contact to ensure customer satisfaction
- Lead associate consultants to satisfactorily execute multiple projects
- Participate in Zipher business development by analyzing client needs and promoting Zipher’s products
- Create, edit, and update PowerPoint decks, Excel spreadsheets, and Word documents
- Draft, edit, and proofread blog posts, white papers, and case studies for external distribution on Zipher’s website and social media
- Perform all tasks with the highest ethical standards
- Attend and participate in all required compliance trainings
- Follow all laws, rules, regulations, guidance documents, codes, etc. associated or attributed the pharmaceutical industry
- Follow all company policies and procedures as well as those of applicable Zipher clients
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Demonstrate the ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with internal and external partners, peers, and others
- Ensure the attainment of individual goals/objectives as well as those for the assigned team
- Achieve goals/objectives in a compliant and legal manner
- A solid scientific background with a clinical focus
- An advanced degree in the life sciences (MD, PhD, or PharmD), with strong post-graduate accomplishment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Distinctive business acumen
- Qualified candidates must be able to understand and clearly communicate the clinical and business implications of technically complex products and services
- Ability to work proactively and lead associate consultants
- High-value personal qualities: resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, and self-confident
- Candidates must be strong team players, take initiative, and think strategically and creatively
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) skills are required, preferably MAC operating systems
- Travel approximately 20-30% (car, plane, etc.)
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Pass all required background checks
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Work from Zipher HQ located in Marion, MA
- Previous consulting experience in pharma
- Experience in oncology/immunology
- Possess a MBA (ideally from a top tier business school)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical rules, regulatory law, guidelines and codes (e.g., PhRMA Code)
Qualified candidates must reference Job Code: ZMA-CON-2018 when applying for this position.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be advised that all legitimate electronic correspondences from a Zipher employee will come from an “@ziphermed.com” email account.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement:
Zipher Medical Affairs Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, participation in the armed forces (e.g., U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, etc.), veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws. Zipher will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION