The Billing Manager is responsible for streamlining an effective billing process; making recommendations to management on important billing issues and managing accounts receivables and payables. The Billing Manager performs a wide variety of complex, administrative and technical bookkeeping duties and is responsible for preparing, processing, recording, reconciliation, and maintenance of financial accounts.
Full time, salaried (exempt) position
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and make recommendations to streamline billing and collections processes.
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting information and records
- Accounts Receivable – produce and record Invoices, process client payments and monitor collections
- Accounts Payable – manage incoming invoices, bank runs and related correspondence
- Provide client billing projections in advance of actual billing and maintain all relevant records
- Plan, implement and make recommendations for quality assurance checks on all processes
- Prepare monthly financial statements and report generation
- Manage the month-end close process
- Assist in both bank and credit card reconciliation
- Manage and maintain W-9 records and all other relevant information
- Assist in tax preparation; mailings and payments
- Provide client focused professional and proactive communication regarding accounting processes and issues
- Maintain confidentiality of workplace information at all times
- Learn and apply new information quickly
- Be courteous, respectful and professional in all aspects of work
- Meet all established deadlines
- Thoroughly understand the role of Billing Manager (including a clear comprehension of every task at hand)
- Attend and participate in all required compliance trainings
- Follow all laws, rules, regulations, training materials, etc., including, but not limited to; laws, rules, regulations, codes, guidance documents and policies associated with or attributed to the pharmaceutical industry (e.g., FDA regulations, PhRMA Code, etc.), Zipher (e.g., Handbook, etc.) and Zipher clients
- This position is located at the Zipher Headquarters in Marion, MA
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- On-time and accurate invoicing of all clients
- Audit ready processes and effective quality control checks embedded into all processes
- Proactive and effective engagement with the operations team to ensure open communication
- Accountability and ownership of the process
- Demonstrate ability to develop trust and maintain integrity with internal and external partners, peers, and others
- Ensure the attainment of individual objectives and results as well as those for the assigned team
- Achieve goals and objectives in a compliant and legal manner
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Business, Finance and/or Economics
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel Quickbooks®
- Two (2) years of billing experience or accounting management
- Critical thinking (e.g., ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Ability to work under pressure when given tasks that are vital to the organization
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Selected applicants must pass background checks (e.g., criminal background check, etc.) and drug testing later in the hiring process
- Selected applicants will be required to undergo and pass technical testing
- All applicants applying for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Accounting Degree
- Quickbooks ProAdvisor®
- Five+ (5) years of billing experience
- Accounting or billing experience in a consulting firm
Qualified candidates must reference Job Code: ZMA-BILLING-2019 when applying for this position.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be advised that all legitimate electronic correspondences from a Zipher employee will come from an “@ziphermed.com” email account.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications assigned to this job. Job duties are responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Equal Opportunity Policy Statement:
Zipher Medical Affairs Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy (or a condition related to pregnancy), childbirth), gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital/family status, sexual orientation, participation in the armed forces (e.g., U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, etc.), veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunity laws. Zipher will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION